Learn About the Core Bus Corridor Project
To make a submission to the public consultation click here.
The core bus corridor project aims to deliver 230kms of dedicated bus lanes and 200kms of cycle tracks along 16 of the busiest corridors in Dublin. The National Transport Authority is now commencing a public consultation in relation to these proposals.
The public consultation for the sixteen core bus corridors is taking place on a phased basis and will run until 31st May 2019.
- Phase 1: The public consultation for the phase 1 Core Bus Corridors is on going and further to requests the closing date for submissions has been extended to the 29th March 2019.
- The phase 1 corridors are: Clongriffin to City Centre; Swords to City Centre; Blanchardstown to City Centre and Lucan to City Centre.
- Phase 2: The public consultation for the phase 2 Core Bus Corridors is on going and further to requests the closing date has been extended to the 30th of April.
- The phase 2 corridors are: Liffey Valley to City Centre, Clondalkin to Drimnagh, Greenhills to City Centre, Tallaght to Terenure, Kimmage to City Centre, Rathfarnham to City Centre.
- Phase 3: The public consultation for the phase 3 corridors launched on the 26th of February 2019 and further to requests the closing date has been extended to the 31st of May 2019.
- The Phase 3 Core Bus Corridors are; Ballymun to City Centre, Finglas to Phibsborough, Bray to City Centre, UCD Ballsbridge to City Centre, Blackrock to Merrion and Ringsend to City Centre.
Details of the proposals and the emerging preferred routes for the phase 1, 2 & 3 Core Bus Corridors are available in the information brochures (these can be accessed by clicking on the relevant corridor name below).
For a list of the public consultation phases click here.
Public consultation information events for phase 3:
- Bray to City Centre Corridor, Talbot Hotel Stillorgan (Park Hotel), Stillorgan Road, Blackrock, A94 V6K5, on Tuesday 26th March from 15:00 – 20:00.
- UCD Ballsbridge to City Centre & Blackrock to Merrion Corridors, Clayton Burlington Hotel, Leeson Street Upper, D04 A318 on Wednesday 27th March from 15:00 – 20:00
- Ringsend to City Centre Corridor, The Convention Centre, Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, North Wall, Dublin 1, D01 T1W6 on Monday 1st April from 15:00 – 20:00.
- Ballymun to City Centre & Finglas to Phibsborough Corridors, Ballymun Axis Arts Centre, Main Street, Ballymun, Dublin 9, D09 Y9W0, on Wednesday 3rd April from 15:00 - 20:00.